Something has been creeping up on us for the last couple of months, perhaps because the
mainstream media is just not horrified about it, and they should be.
- Compulsory ID cards in UK at huge (5 billion pounds) cost.
- Draconian “Anti-Social Behaviour Orders” which also restrict the right to protest
- Australian ID card proposed by Ruddock, the Liberal Party’s own Davros.
- Illegal spying on US citizens seems to be tolerated.
- Chip and ID card technology to allow scanning ID remotely.
And there’s lots more – too many to bother finding references for right now. The UK, which has one CCTV camera for every 14 people, now allows centralized monitoring of all these
cameras by the police. New South Wales in Australia allows police to cordon off areas, and search people without due cause. Tiny unmanned planes for surveillance of population centres in the UK.